By Calgary Farmers' Market
Here's a simple and delicious base recipe that you can add whatever your tummy desires to make it your own. And it's easy to make swaps if your diet requires it; try gluten-free oats or plant-based mylk.
- 1 breakfast per mason jar
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup (heaping) Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds or Ground Flaxmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 0-2 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup (based on your preference)
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
- Seaonal fruits are always a delicious add-in, but sometimes you wanna treat yo'self and for those days, we add Chocolate Hazelnut Butter from Going Nuts. Like coconut? Go for it. Craving apple pie? Add Silk Road Spice Merchant's Apple Pie Spice. We could keep going, but you get the picture.