Sunday Brunch & Market Tour
Every Sunday: May 3rd - November 10th
A Light and Lively Sunday at the Market
Join Alberta Food Tours every Sunday at 10:30am to learn how to "eat Alberta first" and leave as an Alberta Food Tours' Certified Locavore!
What to Expect:
Get the background story of what's truly local and what Alberta's seven signature foods are after a relaxing Sunday Brunch. You will receive a savoury pastry, a generous portion of salad, an assortment of fruit, coffee and then you'll explore the farmers’ market together to hear stories and enjoy tastings at market vendors including fresh fruits, vegetables, local beverages, juices, bison, beef, pork and cheeses.
Who You'll Visit:
- Yum Bakery: savoury pastries to greet you at brunch.
- Fratello Analog Coffee: barista-made coffees and direct trade beans add up to a sensational way to sip into the day.
- Innisfail Growers: five families who produce, process, market and distribute their fresh produce cooperatively.
- Gull Valley Greenhouses: heirloom tomatoes, fresh lettuces, crispy cucumbers, beans and eggplants - all from an hour away, year round.
- The Cherry Pit and Better Juice Bar: no food waste here! With juices and a vegetable butcher you've no excuse not to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Bauer Meats: Bison and Elk - meat cutting and charcuterie.
- Field Stone Fruit Wines: Prairie hardy fruits grown in Strathmore make globally recognized award-winning fruit wines.
- Silver Sage Beef: no hormones or antibiotics - these ranchers are in charge of their cattle from birth to plate.
- Sylvan Star Cheese: Grand Prix cheeses from this Dutch family of experts.
- Spragg's Meat Shop: birth-to-plate pasture-raised pork with delicious sausages and a chef on staff to give you cooking ideas.
- Eau Claire Distillery: Alberta spirits and craft tonics.