Published on: Friday, June 12, 2020
Yes! We are Open Thursday – Sunday 9am – 5pm
We are what you eat and we're here for you.
While we all venture into the second phase of reopening, we know that many people are concerned about accessing the food they love in a safe way. We continue to work under the direct supervision of local health officials to create a safe environment so we can continue to serve our community. In line with Alberta Health Services' directives, we have implemented a number of safety measures and kindly ask that you observe them while shopping mindfully and with purpose.
Our Commitment to You:
- Mandatory Masks: in accordance with the City of Calgary bylaw, masks or face coverings will be required at the Market beginning Saturday, August 1st.
- Monitoring Capacity: we reserve the right to limit capacity at any time to provide a safe experience.
- Physical distancing: please ensure you are giving us and each other 6ft to safely work and shop.
- One-way aisles: to reduce congestion and allow physical distancing, all aisles are one-way. Please follow the directional arrows to promote a safe flow of traffic.
- Limited Food Hall seating: we're happy to share that our Food Hall has reopened at 30% capacity so you can enjoy a physically distanced bite to eat.
- Enhanced sanitation practices in high-frequency touchpoints: in addition to the standard cleaning that has been part of our daily maintenance schedule, we have introduced extra measures to increase the sanitation of the market. Our cleaning staff is cleaning high-frequency touch points using hospital-grade disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Additional hand sanitizers placed around the Market: we also have fully stocked bathrooms with soap for handwashing.
- Usage of reusable cups and containers will be suspended until further notice: Vendors must only serve products in take-out packaging. Reusable cups, ceramic dishware, and glass growlers will not be accepted until further notice.
- All public product sampling will be suspended until further notice.
- The Kids Play Area remains closed.
Please Help us Ensure a Safe and Healthy Environment for Everyone:
- Maintain a distance of six feet from other people while shopping.
- Wearing a mask or face-covering in the community is recommended when it is not possible to consistently maintain a 2-metre physical distance from others, particularly in crowded public settings.
- Choose one healthy designated shopper for each household, and reach out to elderly family and neighbours to include their needs in your shopping.
- Do not visit the Market if you are sick or have returned from travelling.
- To reduce cross-contamination, please do not handle items you do not intend to buy.
- Wash your hands frequently. Bathrooms are available by the Food Hall and by our NE entrance.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly at home.
- Be kind, and stay nourished. We’re all in this together!
We are all facing uncertainty and deeply appreciate your choosing to support local businesses. We will remain responsive and implement additional measures as directed and will continue to share updates with you as we all move forward with relaunching Alberta's economy. Please be patient and kind when you are at the Market, we are all trying to navigate this difficult situation to the best of our abilities.