all year round
Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
By Calgary Farmers' Market
- Approximately 6x250ml Jars
- 12 cups Raspberries
- 6 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Attach a candy thermometer in the centre of the pan and simmer until the thermometer reads 104 °C (219 °F).
- Skim carefully and stir frequently during cooking.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Spread lemon curd on French Toast, top with your choice of berries (we used strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries because… yum!)
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Enjoy with your favourite cup of coffee or tea.
- By properly pre-sterilizing jars and lids and having everything hot when filling - you don't need the boiling water bath process. You'll know when jars are sealed because they'll make a "ping" sound as the lid curves down and remains so when pressed.