Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Perfectly Peachy Muffins
What you'll need:
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 100 grams organic oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups peaches, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup plant-based buttermilk* (1 cup almond milk + 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons organic honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- Coconut Spray Oil
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray your muffin tin with coconut oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Prepare the buttermilk. Combine 1 cup of almond milk with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon & ginger.
- Rinse and dry the peaches. Slice the peaches into bite-sized cubes, then add them into the flour mixture bowl, gently stir the peached to coat in the flour mixture
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together buttermilk, olive oil, egg, honey, orange zest & almond extract, until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour a scoop of the batter into each muffin tin cup.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in the fridge or freezer.
- If you’re looking for the perfect peaches, find them in season at Panorama Orchards at the market!