all year round
Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Grilled Peaches with Mint Pesto
By Calgary Farmers' Market
- 2 people (1 peach/2 halves per person)
- 1/2 cup Mojito Mint
- 1/2 cup Almonds, roasted
- 1/4 cup Alpine Wildflower Honey
- Peaches, just ripe
- Prep your dessert pesto first by crushing or blitzing your mint, almonds and honey together (to loosen things up, add a drizzle of oil as the blender makes dessert pesto magic).
- Wash the fuzz off of peaches.
- Cut peaches in half and take out the pits. Lightly coat the peaches in olive oil and place on a hot grill.
- Remove peaches from the grill after roughly 4 minutes or until grill marks have appeared. If you want softer peaches, grill them for a longer amount of time.
- Scoop a healthy serving of your mix in to the middle of each halved peach.
- Serve simply like this or with a scoop of local ice cream!
- Make a little extra dessert pesto and let it hang out in the fridge for your next grilled dessert. Also makes a great sneak-a-spoonful-snack. Don't worry, we won't tell anyone.