all year round
Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Creamy Clam Chowder
- 6 oz. (180 g) Butter
- ½ cup (125 g) Celery, diced
- ½ cup (125 g) Carrots, diced
- ½ cup (125 g) Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Dried Basil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Dried Thyme
- 6 oz. (180 g) Flour
- 4 cups (1 litre) Fish Stock
- 2 x 10 fl oz. (284 ml) tins Clam Nectar
- 2 x 10 fl oz. (284 ml) Whole Baby Clams, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 ml) Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Parsley, chopped
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add all vegetables, garlic and herbs, season with salt & pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, do not brown.
- Slowly add the clam nectar and fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 12 minutes.
- Add the drained clams and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Portion into 8 soup bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese and blend into the chowder just before serving.