all year round
Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Berries & Cherries with Brie Crostini
- Approximately 25 crostini
- 1 cup Strawberries, diced
- 1 cup Blueberries, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Cherries, diced
- 3 tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Mint leaves, chopped
- 1.5 tsp coarsely ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Balsamic (get a good quality aged one from Soffrito)
- 3 tsp Red Onions, finely chopped
- 100 grams triple cream brie (we like Chateau de Bourgogne for this recipe)
- Wash berries and let dry completely.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and fold together until just incorporated.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper, or herbs.
- Spread a thin layer of brie on each crostini then top with a spoonful of the berries mixture.
- The salt brings out the sweetness of the berries, but be careful not to add too much as it can also draw out moisture resulting in a watery mixture. And don't skip the pepper; it provides balance that really makes this a knockout appetizer.
- Making this in late summer? Sub berries and cherries for peaches, you won't be sorry.