Welcome to Calgary’s most unique retailing venue.
Submit this online application if you wish to be considered for busker space in the Market. Read on for more information about being a busker.
The Calgary Farmers’ Market is a special place where the city meets the country. We enjoy discerning customers who seek out quality products which are made, baked, grown or produced by Albertans. Buskers help make a visit to the Market a special occasion, and provide a fun, community atmosphere.
- All entertainers must fill out the Busker Application Form and be accepted by the Calgary Farmers’ Market.
- Performances should always be appropriate for a family based audience.
- Sound enhancement/amplification is not permitted at the Calgary Farmers Market.
- Buskers are only permitted to perform in the designated areas as marked.
- Buskers are permitted to perform for a maximum of 1 hour at the market; 30 minutes at each busking station.
- Buskers are requested to have a 30 minute set of material with no repetition. You are permitted to bring sheet music if you require it to meet this standard.
- CD’s may be sold but no other merchandise unless otherwise approved by the Calgary Farmers’ Market.
- Performers under 18 must have the approval of their legal guardian.
- Performers under 16 should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Performers may put out a hat or case to collect money but may not verbally ask the public for money.
- Please dress appropriately to face the public. A neat and clean appearance is most appealing.
- We are lucky to have many talented performers at our market. Buskers are not permitted to show up without being scheduled; buskers must respond to the call for scheduling requests so as to ensure appropriate space and time at the market.
- At all times, performers must conduct themselves in a manner that is courteous to other entertainers, vendors, and public and be open to feedback from the market and its vendors. Remember that you are a welcomed guest and we do appreciate your contribution to the Calgary Farmers Market, but we must ensure the comfort of our customers and vendors alike.